Monday 17 March 2014

The Leprechaun Song (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

To celebrate, I've taken one of my favourite "Irish" songs (Galway Girl) and re-imagined it into a song about a Leprechaun. Enjoy.

Well, I took a stroll on the old long walk
of a day I-ay-I-ay
I met a leprechaun and we stopped to talk
Of a fine soft day I-ay-I-ay

And he asked me, "Friend, what's a leprechaun to do?"
"I've lost my pot of gold and I don't know what to do!"
And I knew right then, where I needed to go
That I'd find the pot of gold if I follow rainbow

I was halfway there when the rain came on
Of a day I-ay-I-ay
I was being followed by a leprechaun
On a fine soft day I-ay-I-ay

And he said to me, "What are you going to do?"
"If you find my pot of gold before I get to?"
So I took his hand, and I pointed the way
"Let's find it together is what I say"

When we reached the end, of the big rainbow
of a day I-ay-I-ay
We found the giant shining pot of gold
on a day I-ay-I-ay

And he told me, "Friend, this is what I'll do"
"I'll share my pot of gold down the middle with you"
And I said, "No thanks, I'll just move on"
"My treasure is a friend who's a leprechaun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment